While browsing my favorite blogs, I came across a challenge inspired by this blog post and created by Ez of Creature Comforts (who also made this lovely image above). The idea is to be completely transparent with our readers and remind not only each other, but also ourselves, that life isn’t always what it seems [on the internet]. This movement has encouraged bloggers to share things that they are afraid to tell the online community with the hopes that authenticity will rise one another up. With the launch of my freshly designed blog, I just knew I had to be involved.
It’s easy to get caught up in the online fantasy world as you follow the lives of the rich and famous through all social mediums. Not only celebs on Twitter or your high school friend turned super model on Facebook, but also the companies that sell for
millions billions and acquaintances that travel the world sharing stories of accomplishments that you could only dream of. This post isn’t about sharing jealous thoughts, it’s a post to prove that no matter what your online life reselmbes, everyone has challenges and we should be here to support each other through it all.
Things that I’m afraid to tell you.
- I want to be a lawyer so I have credibility. I am often belittled for just being a paralegal. It’s upsetting to feel underappreciated when you put your heart into everything you do.
- Sometimes when I can’t sleep, I browse Pinterest wedding ideas, DIY mommy blogs and other extremely domesticated posts. I wonder if I’ll ever get married.
- What if my business doesn’t work out? What if the dreams I’m chasing amount to nothing and I can’t become as successful as I strive to be? What if I am wasting my time on starting my own company rather than going back to school?
- I worry all the time. If I don’t have anything to worry about, I make something up.
- My favorite compliments are the ones about my personality and work ethic.
Exhale. Well, that was a heck of an intro post.
Now your turn….
(For a list of bloggers who have jumped in on the challenge, visit this post. I just filled up my Reader with some new faces!)